Auctioneer of Books, Manuscripts, Prints & Drawings
The sale of 6473 lots comprises a broad array of subjects, i.a.
● a library on Medieval manuscripts (incl. facsimile editions)
● books from the library of Bram de Does
● Russian (avant-garde) books and periodicals
● a collection of fine printing and illustrated books
● botany (incl. a large collection of nursery catalogues), gardens and gardening, husbandry - the Collection of Jan Meemelink (part 2)
● natural history, i.a. books on horses and horsemanship and hunting
● manuscripts and autographs, i.a. a 15th century Dutch Book of hours, an important collection of mathematical texts by Gerard Kinckhuysen, a collection autographs by composers and musicians
● a large collection of old and rare books, incl. bindings, classical antiquity, emblemata, popular literature, travels, topography, theatre
● modern art, i.a. by Marlene Dumas, M.C. Escher, S. Jessurun de Mesquita, Lou Loeber, Karel Maes, Enzo Mari, Jozef Peeters, Antonio Saura, Jan Schoonhoven, Zao Wou-Ki etc.
● a large private collection of (19th century) photographs (part 3)
● a fine collection of drawings and watercolours
● a large section of old master prints, i.a. after P. Bruegel the elder, by P. Galle, W. Hollar, L. van Leyden, C. Lorrain, J. Matham, R. Nooms, C. de Passe, Rembrandt, J. Stradanus, A. Tempesta, J. van de Velde II etc. etc.
● children s books, Japanese prints, posters, popular prints, optical prints, maps and plans etc. etc.
Haarlem, The Netherlands