Heritage Auctions Looking to Appoint Rare Books Cataloguer/Writer
Heritage Auctions is seeking a Rare Books Cataloguer and Writer to join its dedicated team of bibliophiles.
The successful applicant will be crucial in preserving and showcasing Heritage Auctions' collection of rare and valuable books. They will research and write descriptions for incoming consignment material for auction from different eras and genres. The Dallas-based job includes researching and describing rare books, manuscripts, prints, maps, and related printed collectible material for printed catalogs and online.
• A deep passion for rare books, with a strong understanding of book history and bibliography
• Solid research skills and experience working with primary and secondary sources, bibliographic databases, and other relevant research tools
• Attention to detail and a keen eye for accurately describing and documenting physical book characteristics
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in the rare book trade, special collections, or another auction house is also a plus
Interested candidates should submit their resumé, cover letter, and relevant supporting documents to Jobs@HA.com.