Books & Manuscripts & Fine Arts
The sale of 6016 lots comprises a broad array of subjects, i.a.
● an art reference library with a large section on precious metals
● a private collection of facsimile editions of medieval manuscipts (part 2)
● fine printing and illustrated books from the collection of E.J.W. Vos-de Graaff (part 2)
● the collection J.T.N. Bakkers (illustrated books and graphic art)
● manuscripts and autographs, i.a. by Winston Churchill, Charles Dickens, Thomas Edison, B.L. Montgomery, George Washington etc.
● a large collection of old and rare books, incl. the library of Gerard Jaspers (part 2), atlases, bindings, classical antiquity, emblemata, popular literature, travels, topography etc.
● modern art, i.a. by Karel Appel, Armando, Marius Bauer, Pierre Bonnard, Adolf Born, John Buckland Wright, Heinrich Campendonck, MaRy Cassatt, Constant, Salvador Dalí, Ad Dekkers, Marlene Dumas, M.C. Escher, S. Jessurun de Mesquita, Bart van der Leck, Pablo Picasso, Serge Poliakoff, Arnulf Rainer, Frank Short, Jan Toorop, H.N. Werkman etc.
● (19th century) photographs - the collection of a gentleman (part 4)
● a fine collection of drawings and watercolours
● a large section of old master prints, i.a. L. Backhuizen, A. Canaletto, A. Dürer, H. Goltzius, G. Groenewegen, L. van Leyden, R. Nooms, Rembrandt, F. Seymour Haden, J.A. McNeill Whistler etc.
● large collections of cartography
● typography, childrens books, natural history, Japanese and oriental prints and drawings (i.a. a fine early 17th cent. Safavid drawing), posters, optical prints and peepshows etc. etc.
Limited viewing by appt. only
MT Haarlem, Netherlands