“Antiques Roadshow” Captures the Changing Face of Collectibles, Fall Episodes Begin 9/28
Boston, MA, September 24, 2015—ANTIQUES ROADSHOW, PBS's most-watched ongoing series, returns on Monday, September 28 at a new fall time, 9/8c PM with all new episodes featuring a surprising scope of treasures! The 13-time Emmy® Award nominated show travels to Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Chicago, Illinois for six new hours of entertaining and intriguing TV.
"Over 19 years of producing ANTIQUES ROADSHOW I'm amazed at how our perception of what makes a treasure has changed," says executive producer Marsha Bemko. "Where the notion of 'attic finds' used to evoke images of Victorian heirlooms and Civil War memorabilia, today it also includes mod clothing from the Beatles-owned Apple Boutique, a 'Chicago 7' signed subpoena and German concert posters for Jimi Hendrix and The Doors."
Among the new generation of antiques found in Albuquerque and Chicago:
- An official jacket worn by management at Woodstock, retrieved from a mud puddle by a concertgoer on his way out of the show.
- A rare limited edition 1969 Jasper Johns American Flag print, created as an anti Vietnam War statement.
- A 1962 Fender Stratocaster, painted in the coveted Sonic Blue color, made famous when George Harrison and John Lennon used a pair of the same guitars to record Nowhere Man.
- Graffiti art by Keith Haring, created for a member of the team of artists helping him complete a mural project in Chicago's Grant Park.
- A Leonora Carrington oil, painted in 1961 while the artist was living in Mexico. This macabre surrealist image depicts visions from nightmares that haunted the artist.
- The 1976 Playboy Bunny of the Year trophy, autographed program book, and complete Playboy Bunny costume from the Chicago Playboy Club, brought to ROADSHOW by the former Bunny herself!
New episodes of ANTIQUES ROADSHOW air Mondays at 9/8C PM this fall on PBS as part of a two-hour block beginning at 8/7c. The new ANTIQUES ROADSHOW block features a classic episode from a previous season, followed by the new fall episode.